Wednesday, October 10, 2007

okay okay

I'm posting something new for you, Kory, since you're the only one who is still checking this thing to see if I've written any more. The reason I've been away is mostly that I'm busy with teaching, but also I've been scared away by the legal boogeyman. He's about 5'10, and can give a presentation on blood borne pathogens (sp?) in under five minutes. The school district's attorney came for our last inservice day before teaching began and instead of detailing all of the ways to sexually harass a coworker, he told us scary stories about teachers who have been fired for stuff they've put on their myspace accounts and things they've said while blogging. I've always been careful to avoid the really funny dating/work stories on here to avoid humiliating myself too thoroughly in front of any rogue student who cared enough to cyber stalk me, but this had my mind reeling. What if I wrote the wrong thing? What if I got blog-fired? and then the realization came on slow and heavy: I've never done anything I couldn't post on here. No beer bong extravaganzas for me. No slutty photos, etc. I don't even drink caffeine. I'd like to make some sarcastic comment here now about whether or not it's a good thing, but then again, Big Brother may be watching...

6 comments:

Salt H2O said...

I dont' think posts about existentialism and the gospel will get you blog fired...but you never know.

crazy4danes said...

Hey, I read your blog too! ;P Wow that's scary to think you could be blog fired! Definitely keep the nude photos to yourself and you'll have to just email us the details of your crazy weekend parties! :D LOL Actually that really does suck...I can't imagine if I had to sensor my own blog....scary ;)

TUG said...

This is just the world we live in. You can always go to a private blog. I know that people I work with read mine, so I don't write anything about work.

As long as you change names, dates, and locations (or even say that this happened to a friend) you can tell any story (this is assuming that you are living your religion!)

Pyrate said...

It's strange to think how disturbed parents, students, and society at large become when they realize that the precious future generation is being taught by human beings.
I wouldn't think you have anything much to worry about.
Just keep your mind opening blasphemies neatly concealed in orthodox teaching practices and you should be fine.

Salt H2O said...

I just TAGGED you on my blog- three times, which means you have to put up 18 random facts about yourself on your blog or the blog demons will get you.

Pyrate said...

you don't post anymore...did you get blog fired?